Friday 23 March 2012

LA SHARK + THE MACCABEES.




Last Saturday I went to watch/ photograph my main men LA SHARK supporting The Maccabees in Cardiff. As it had been too long since I last saw the LA SHARK boys together, I took them a few boxes of welsh cakes and tie-dye cupcakes with their logo on. Said cakes are modelled beautifully by Sami in the photo above, which was taken on the Holga cat camera that I mentioned in my last post.

I took a few photos of the night with my favourite Olympus 35mm SLR, only to have the winder fall apart when I went to wind the film. Devastated. I then had to take it to a camera shop to get it removed, resulting in dust and light leaks galore over most of the images taken of The Maccabees in the above post. Still, there is something other-worldly about them that I prefer to the more typical gig photos that were salvaged.

After the gig we walked (or skated in Lewis' case) in to Cardiff for a few drinks, which soon proved to be a bad decision. Being a match night, it was chaos and everywhere had queues to get in. The evening quickly turned into a tour of Wetherspoons, culminating in dancing to reggae surrounded by drunk French men and trying to teach various members of both bands Welsh insults. The first photo above pretty much sums up the whole night.

Highlights of the night include: Welsh transfer tattoos, Samuel's Wayne's World hat, Nick giving his sock to a fan after the show (no-one could figure out why or how this happened) and Sam from The Maccabees' apparent knowledge of Welsh.

Aside from the camera drama, a good night was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment